Saturday, December 20, 2014

An Afternoon with Alika Islamadina

Let’s get to know the talented lady a little better!

A little while ago, we were lucky enough to get the chance to have a little chat with Alika Islamadina. The former girl band member is now as busy as ever, with pursuing a degree in economics and putting together her next album at the same time. Look on to get to know this young lady better!

What are you up to nowadays?
Right now I’m pretty busy at uni, because finals is coming really soon! And also I just dropped my new single, so I’ve just been going to radio promos and stuff like that. So, yeah, been pretty busy I guess *laughs*

What has been your highlight in 2014?
Well, this year has been really great for me musically. As I am putting together my new album, I’ve gotten the chance to work with a few musicians that I respect so much like Asta from RAN, Ifa Fachir and more. So that’s definitely been a highlight for me.

Ah, that sounds nice! So what’s going to be happening for you in 2015?
Next year, in March, I’m going to go to Australia for about six months for a student exchange program. After that, I’ll launch my album! Hopefully everything goes well.

Yup, fingers crossed! Any Christmas break plans for you?
Um, before going to Australia I’m gonna try to squeeze in a little vacation, maybe to Bali or Singapore.

So when it comes to personal style, how would you describe yours?
I think I’m very moody when it comes to fashion. I really just wear what I feel comfortable in, because everyday I have to go to classes and work as well, so I like to wear comfy shirts and t-shirts. And oh, sandals. I love wearing sandals!

Do you have any signature piece that you have to wear everyday?
There’s not really anything that I must wear everyday, but I always wear a watch. My mom tells me to always wear a watch to look put together. I guess I also always like to wear something with a pop of color. Because I like to wear monochromatic clothes, I always like accessories with a pop of color.

Where do you get you style inspiration from?
For the everyday style, I like Lily Collins’ and Kristen Stewart’s; those kinds of boyish sassy looks. But for the dressed up style, I really love Olivia Palermo’s style. Plus, I always look at Asian street style for inspiration.

Okay, so let’s have a little bit of fun; if you were a song, what would it be?
Um, I’ve been listening to a lot of Taylor Swift lately, and I’m thinking the song Shake It Off is so me! Because I’m someone who doesn’t really care about what other people say about me, just like that song! I also like that it’s very upbeat and it makes me happy.

So last but not least, do you have any plans for New Year’s Eve?
I always like to just be at home, maybe have a slumber party with my close friends. I think this year is definitely gonna be spent at home because my parents are out of town and I have to look after my younger siblings! *laughs*

Photographs by Sabila Anjani
Text by Irvindya Irawan