The '90s were certainly a glorious decade; especially in the music and fashion industry. It’s the decade where pop princesses emerge head to head with the grudgiest of grudge and become one wondrous melting pot of talent. To celebrate tomorrow’s collection: The '90s Revival, here are our picks for the absolute definitive songs from the '90s!
1. I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys (Millennium, 1999)
This one, we must say, never ever gets old!
2. Black or White - Michael Jackson (Dangerous, 1991)
Of course, The King of Pop was well, the King of the '90s. This song though, made a huge thud in the world with the simple yet impactful message to combat race issues at the time.
3. Lisa Loeb and Nine Stores - Stay (I Missed You) (Reality Bites Soundtrack, 1993)
Lisa Loeb rose quickly to stardom on the heels of her hit "Stay" from the soundtrack to the film Reality Bites.
4. Just A Girl - No Doubt (Tragic Kingdom, 1995)
One of the first bands to be lead by a female, and 20 years later, Gwen Stefani still proofs to be the coolest of them all!
5. Say My Name - Destiny's Child (The Writing’s on The Wall, 1999)
The early beginnings for the Queen that is Beyoncé.
6. Tender - Blur (13, 1999)
“Oh my baby…Oh my baby… Oh why…Oh my…”
7. Wonderwall - Oasis ((What’s The Story?) Morning Glory, 1995)
Another Britpop band that made the 90s all sorts of wonderful for us all; every time the song comes on, one can’t help but sing along!
8. Wannabe - Spice Girls (Spice, 1996)
Even if the lyrics seem kinda odd, the song still managed to be one of the biggest hits of the 90s. Girl Power!
9. Waterfalls - TLC (Crazy Sexy Cool, 1994)
From the narratives on this song, to the memorable dance moves in the video… Still one of the best karaoke songs ever!
10. Baby One More Time - Britney Spears (Baby One More Time, 1999)
Britney’s first ever single certainly deserves a nod on the list! Watch the controversial video that keeps people talking, even a decade later.