Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ria Sarwono's Travel List

Packing for holidays might gets you weary, but remembering that you're going to have your awaiting getaway right in front of your eyes, you could start by opening that luggage and arranging your clothes. For the Eid Mubarak break, our Brand & Marketing Director Ria Sarwono chooses to go to Makassar, South Sulawesi to explore more about the beautiful culture and archipelago of Indonesia.

I travel because why not? Well, since I was a little kid, my dad has always taken his children to go traveling twice a year - one for local destination, another one is for overseas. Bali and Solo are his most favorite Indonesian cities to travel to, and guess what, his kids love it too. I have a fondness towards Solo, 'cause believe it or not, it feels like the clock is ticking way slower than normal, whereby two days are more than enough to get a full relaxation, away from the busy city of Jakarta. Besides, you could always relax while enjoying the variety of scrumptious culinary choices in Solo. 

My favorite travel destination is Europe. I love having road trips, especially from London to Scotland. I think my enthusiasm for road trips came from my father who delights in it. For me, road trips may lead to a lot of spontaneity, like if one of the family members get to see any interesting restaurant or shop signs on the road, we might grab the chance to check it out. You'll never know what you'll see.


I never leave home without the travel sizes of my favorite beauty products. Body lotion, lip balm and of course, a beauty mask. Wherever the destination is, traveling will indeed absorb all your energy and your face will definitely need to be refreshed. No time for a dull face.

And of course, good companions. Ara, my sweet little son, is indeed a typhoon. He's a curious little kid who always has a huge desire to try something new, and needless to say, he's also fond of traveling. Me and my husband might get out of hands every once in a while, but for god-knows-why, our boy never stops perk up our days, crafting spine-tingling yet delightful memories.

My ultimate travel tips is to stick to dark color scheme - black, gray and navy are versatile to mix and match. They all create a classic selection of shades that somehow makes me more effortless while pairing which pieces to wear.

And the most important thing is to always bring your favorite pair of jeans. Either it's summer or winter, a comfy denim is always the best pick to be styled with any tops and outerwear. Plus, sunnies or other accessories would make a great compliment to your look while wearing your jeans.

My traveling words to live by is to live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry. Jack Kerouac. When traveling has become a part of lifestyle, I think nothing else matters.