Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Carline Darjanto's Travel List

Holiday season is just around the corner and we can hardly wait to share our thoughts on personal styling and the most important thing is the reason for one to travel. Right before her journey to the beautiful city of Istanbul, our Creative Director Carline Darjanto lays bare what's inside her luggage: the travel essentials.

I travel because traveling is always on my list. It goes without saying that once in a few months, I need to travel, either to somewhere I've been to or to some other places that I've never been to. We as humans are blessed with an extremely huge world that has no end, therefore, we're never out of destinations to travel.

My favorite travel destination is Komodo Island. When I was in the island, me and my companions didn't get to access a glimpse of internet connection, where in fact, we all know that a hotspot is compulsory for twentieth century human beings. With the breeze of fresh air that touched my face and the calming perpetual sound of the ocean, I felt incredibly good without any signals. Yes, it's true that I couldn't access anything that's connected to my work, but I think that's the point of a good holiday. Taking a few days off of the hustle and bustle in the big city, it becomes necessary to explore the holiday destination, on top of that, it becomes momentous to do a thorough self-reflection. The crucial point of having a break is to release the tense and absorb new inspiration to be further applied to our work, isn't it?

I never leave home without sunscreen. It is of the utmost importance, no matter where the destination is, I (and I bet everyone does) always need the perfect product to protect the skin from the sun's ultraviolet. 

My ultimate travel tips is to pack interchangeable staples. For my upcoming trip to Istanbul, I've prepared my favorite Candice Top, Black Naomi Shirt and Esmee Top from Cotton Ink's latest collection - it makes me easy to pair one another with either shawl or necklace. And not to forget, never leave for your vacation without a pair of versatile shoes. My current favorite is Valentino 'Rockstud' Pump in red. Either wearing a comfy oversized shirt or statement tee, the heels is just the perfect complement to my casual traveling style.

My traveling words to live by is Hans Christian Andersen's "To travel is to live." It is as simple as that.

So, have you packed for your holiday yet? Share your travel essentials, style and stories to Instagram, don't forget to mention us and use these following hashtags #cottoninkholiday #youxcottonink. 

Happy holidays! xx