Sunday, October 19, 2014

Blogger Crush: Chrisnawati Novia

Our new favorite "it" girl Chrisnawati Novia talks to Elisa Kuswari about how she got started in the blogosphere, and plus, the chat about the '90s fashion.

Describe your style in three words.
Simple, sporty and boyish. But could I add one more adjective, please?

And what is that?
Feminine. Well, the way I dress basically depends on my mood after all.

When did you first start blogging?
May 2013.

What triggered you?
I started blogging because I need a bigger platform for me to share whatever I love, especially all things related to fashion. Through my blog, I could share not only pictures of my OOTD but the description of the outfit, where I got the shirt, the pants and where the inspiration came from.

Talking about inspiration, who's your biggest influence?
Kristen Stewart. She's effortlessly cool! 

Say it's Saturday evening, how long does it take for you to get ready for a night out?
One hour. Okay, one and a half hour max. (laughs)

As for your blog, how often do you keep it updated?
Whenever I'm packed, I'd still manage to update it at least once a month. But when I have lots of spare time, I'd post the updates weekly.

You were chosen to do a photoshoot with us in Singapore, what was the best thing about it?
The best thing about that was the chance that I got wear the latest collection from COTTONINK before they hit the online store. I'm truly grateful for that.

Okay, about our latest collection, what was your favorite piece?
I love everything about the '90s collection, especially the dress - it perfectly fits me.

We brought back the '90s 'cause all things related to the decade is currently making its return. How do you like it?
When the trend suddenly popped up again for the first time, I was quite into it. 

What's the good thing about its comeback?
Plaid and tartan shirt, choker and band tees - I often wear these statement pieces. But frankly saying, fashion always cycles around. '90s style is timeless, I guess, so you could call yourself fashionable by wearing a simple plaid shirt, 'cause it's currently trending.

Text by Elisa Kuswari
Photographs by Gesit Wisnu Prakoso

Chrisnawati is wearing (top to bottom):
2. Don't Worry Sweater, Nirvana Skirt